Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

 To all my Writing Friends I wish you

I love Valentines.  Not as a romantic holiday because, let's face it, I didn't marry a terribly romantic man (wonderful yes, romantic, uh no) and I can grab a romance novel any day of the week.  But Valentines means there will be chocolate readily available -- so what's not to love?

Plus, I dislike cut flowers.  I prefer flower's who won't die in a week and aren't crazy expensive.  Not knocking those who do, just my personal preference. But if my hubby would get me bouquet like this I'd be in heaven... oh wait.  He did get me books.  Good man!

For picture books on valentines one of my favorites is Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061463785
 
This is a not-too-girly, not-too-pink valentine story about the thought of Valentine's.  Beautiful illustrations compliment the story to perfection.
 
Sometimes you love a character no matter what situation you put them in.  And I will always be a fan of Scooby and the Gang. So another fav is just because...
 
http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/book/vanishing-valentines#cart/cleanup
 
Don't judge. I loved Scooby Doo! WrestleMania too.  John Cena and Scooby.  Yes, please, and thank you.
 
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weather you are being showered in flowers and chocolate or sharing a quiet day with your favorite book characters.  Valentine's isn't just about romance.  It is about love. A child loves their parents, a couple loves each other, a dog loves to see you come home, a reader loves their books. Books and chocolate....
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment